NEUMC has adopted Sandlapper Elementary School for the Richland Two Backpack Program. The goal is to decrease weekends without adequate nourishment by providing additional foods as a supplement for families. Food items will be collected the first Sunday of each month. A collection box is located in the narthex for the items.
Backpack Program Suggested Menu Items
2 Breakfast Items:
- Individually packaged oatmeal & grits
- Individually packaged muffins
- Individually packaged cereal
- Pop-tarts (limited)
- Instant muffin or pancake mix (only need water to mix)
- Shelf stable milk
2 Lunch and 2/3 Dinner Items:
- Individual pasta (Ravioli, Spaghetti O’s)
- Individually packaged or can of vegetable cups (green beans, peas, carrots, etc.)
- Individually packaged or can of cups (applesauce, peaches, fruit cocktail, etc.)
- Individually packaged pasta dinners with sauce
- Ramon noodles & Maruchan Instant Lunches
- Macaroni & cheese
- Vienna Sausages
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Pork n’ beans
- Premade peanut butter & jelly sandwiches
2/3 Snack Items:
- Fruit Roll Up / fruit snacks
- Granola bars / cereal bars
- Dried fruit (raisins)
- Beef jerky / sticks
- Individual juice boxes (prefer 100% juice)
Keep in mind:
- The above is a suggested list of items and variations from this menu is determined by the support system providing the items.
- Food items need to be easily opened and prepared.
- Small children will be carrying the backpack and the weight of the bag needs to be monitored.