We love children and have a variety of ways they can participate in the church. We strive to have a healthy, safe and fun learning environment for our children to grow in knowledge and faith. In addition to church lead activities, Cub Scouts meet at NEUMC.
Year-round Programs and Activities:
- Children and Worship: Children’s Moments and Children’s Church during morning worship services.
- Sunday School is available for children age 3 – 5th grade.
- Nursery is available during Sunday School and the worship service for newborns – age 3.
- Children’s Choir is open to children from K-5th grade. We meet each Sunday in the Sanctuary at 6:00 p.m.
- GLOW – God’s Love of Wisdom is a monthly program for children in K-5th Grade. It’s a time of fun and learning on the third Sunday of each month from 12:00 until 1:30 p.m. It includes a meal.
Seasonal Programs and Activities
- Vacation Bible School (age 3 – 5th grade with a nursery for younger children)
- Last Chance Water Blast
- Carols, Chrismons and Cocoa
Safe Sanctuaries Policy
Each United Methodist Church in South Carolina is required to have a Safe Sanctuaries Policy which is reviewed annually by the Church Council. The purpose of the policy is to insure congregations are safe places where children, youth, and vulnerable adults may experience the abiding love of God and fellowship within the community of faith.