Northeast supports God’s Storehouse, which is a faith-based outreach program that assists the needy throughout the greater Columbia area. Staffed primarily by volunteers from area churches, God’s Storehouse provides food, clothing and household supplies to our neighbors in crisis at no cost to them. Operating Monday through Thursday, 9 AM – noon, God’s Storehouse helps an average of 25 families each day, and over the three years, have assisted more than 30,000 individuals in need. God’s Storehouse is located at 1731 Risley Road, Columbia, SC 29223 and can be contacted at (803) 691-1622. For more information, click here.
Monthly Food Items
Please drop off your food items in the labeled box in the narthex. Thank you!
- January: canned or dried beans
- February: canned soup or stews
- March: canned meats (tuna, chicken, etc.)
- April: canned powdered milk and baby food
- May: rice
- June – breakfast cereals
- July: canned or bottled juice (no frozen)
- August: peanut butter and jelly
- September: pasta and sauce
- October: canned pumpkin and cranberry sauce
- November: stuffing mix and canned or envelope gravy
- December: canned fruit